The Kentucky Board of Real Estate Appraisers works diligently to serve the commonwealth’s nearly 1,700 licensees with efficient and timely service.
NOTICE: The process to obtain a fingerprint background check has changed. Please refer to the National Criminal Background (Fingerprint) Instruction sheet Revised January 2021 under the Appraisers Forms for further information and instructions.
All Kentucky License/Certification will expire June 30, 2022 and must be renewed to remain active.
- All Kentucky Licensed/Certified Appraisers are required to complete and submit proof of 14 hours of Board approved CE by May 31, 2022.
- Education hours must be completed from June 1, 2021 - May 31, 2022.
- The 2022-2023 National USPAP Update will be required for 2022 renewal. The seven hours completed for this course will apply toward the 14 hours required by May 31, 2022.
- Credit will not be awarded for duplicate courses completed within the past 24 months.
- Appraisers must submit the course completion certificates to the Board.
- All Board approved education courses, both classroom and distance education, are listed on the KREAB website. If you complete a course that is NOT on the approved list, the following must be submitted to the Board for review to determine if credit can be awarded.
- timed course outline;
- course description; and
- proof of CE approval from the appraiser regulatory agency in the state where the course was approved
- The online renewal application will be available May 1, 2022. The Board must receive and enter the education before a license/certification can be renewed.
- Education certificates must be emailed (email@example.com), mailed or faxed (502) 573-1404.
Temporary Permit applications can be emailed to the KREAB Board office and payment of $150.00 (per assignment) be paid through the Payment Portal. The payment portal is available through the Eservices tab.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org